The mission and ministry at Ebenezer will be based on the following statement, principles and directions, which were formulated by our Growing God’s Mission Team after many months of meetings, and listening to Council and the congregation.
Reaching out to draw others to Christ.
Our Guiding Principles
- We place Jesus first in all that we do.
- We share Christ wherever we are.
- We welcome a diversity of believers and skeptics to experience Christ with us.
- We seek to deepen our faith and discipleship.
- We embrace the gifts of each and all.
- We will welcome our neighbors and invite them to participate in all church programs.
- We will respond to the needs of all God’s people, seeking justice and peace, locally and globally.
- We will commit our time and resources to support God’s work through the S.C. Synod and the ecumenical community.
- We will offer worship opportunities with Biblically based, doctrinally sound preaching and inspiring music, energizing ourselves to do God’s work.
- We will provide dynamic Christian education, immersing ourselves in God’s Word.
- We will foster a sense of congregational community and genuine concern for the well-being of our members.